The journal of Zack Andrews.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Procrastination - The Illogical Delay of Behavior

I just completed writing a rough draft for an assignment in composition II. It's a paper on procrastination; something I have experienced many times throughout my school/college career. In writing the paper I'm hoping to find some tips to overcome my procrastination, as well as tell others about it.

Here's a quick run-through of how to avoid procrastination.

- Organization. Being thoroughly organized can help drastically reduce procrastination.
- Make the activity you are trying to accomplish fun, invite a friend along for the ride!
- Make a plan of action for your more difficult tasks.

Recently I've started to be more organized and have found that it can help. The next thing I'm going to implement is making a plan of action for my tasks. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up, relax, eat lunch, and jump into coding a project for my computer science class. I've got to teach myself the materials in order to complete the assignment, so this should be fun.

I think the last way to avoid procrastination will come in handy tomorrow, so I'm going to make up a plan of action to take while performing the task. First gotta read up on the chapter it involves, then write out exactly what it is I need to code, and finally start coding.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home